Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New rolling cart, more rods for my punches and a clean organized craft room

No crafting today as I was busy busy reorganizing my room.  My son in law and daughter came over after work last night and put some more rods up and made my new rolling cart for me.  So I decided to straighten up and reorganize my room again.  So there are a lot of pictures.  We will start at the doorway and move around the room.  The first shelf holds all my magazines, books, Zutter,  Sew Easy, etc. Above that is two ribbon racks which holds ribbon, and flowers.  The red and green containers also hold more ribbon.  To the right is the closet which has more shelves and craft stuff but no pics of that today.  I have to have a porta crib in there for my granddaughter.  I have to place it exactly right or she can grab things from the shelves.  
Next is my 4 x 4 Jet max paper storage.  On top of that is another Jetmax organizer that holds my 8 1/2 x 11 paper.  In the drawers are Imagine ink,  extra glue,  blades,  and mini books I have made are on display. The shelf to the right is my embellishment tubs and boxes, brads,  Embossing  folders, and on the top my Xyron, Cuttlebug and Sizzix Embossing  machines.  
Next is my homage to Martha Stewart on Bygel Rods from Ikea.  I just added 6 long ones on left.  The white board that I design my scrapbook layouts on using small magnets is covering 4 empty short rods that are empty right now.  Might be just enough room for my Fall Holidays and Christmas punches which are in boxes right now.  I have two small white boards for notes about Design Team, Challenges, etc. 
This is my desk and my new rolling cart from Ikea which has 6 pullout shelves.  It is perfect for my shelf that SIL made for E2 and Imagine.  It pulls out and moves easily.  Above my desk are jars of buttons, Stickles, Alcohol ink and tools.  With the cart I have so much more work space and even got out the little mini sewing machine that I got months ago and never had room to use.  
Here is a closeup of my shelf and rolling cart.  
In the drawers I have pattern scrap paper in one, plain scraps in another, carts in boxes (ala Okieladybug), mats and project I am working on in top, and two empties for now.  
Here is a close up of my desk.  There is a clear mat on large desk to protect it and a calendar on side desk to write on.  Below the shelf with buttons you can just see my magnet containers from $1 section of Target with various colors of twine in them.  
Underneath is binders of stamps, drawers of Glimmer Mist, stamp pads, paints, chalks, Gypsy stuff, markers, larger paper cutters, Prismacolor pencils, sticky notes, directions and craft DVD's.  
Far right under desk is boxes I store completed cards in, basket for small cutter and ATG guns.  
Right of desk is another Ikea shelf with smaller pads of paper and Tim Holtz chipboard.  Next is the cabinet TV is in and other craft supplies.  
Next to that is the large computer cabinet and then my rolling stamp cart which is all wooden stamps.  Someday I plan to take them off the wood blocks but for now they are fine.  We are back to the door and that completes the tour of my craft room.  

14 comments:

  1. WOW!!! what a fabulous working space and everything looks very organized!! TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very organized. Love the new rolling cart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with your room. Great tips on how to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome room! Can I come over and play with your MS punches?!!? Haha! I love the way you have everything organized. My craft room redo is almost finished. I've been putting up pics as we progress, and hopefully in the next week or two, will have the final pics posted!! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance!!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome room my friend! I am loving that rolling cart and I am a little jealous of it!! LOL You are so organized as well. I love that Kenzie can be in her pack n' play while you craft!! Now I'm going to have to search for a nice rolling cart since I saw yours! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! Wow! Talk about a well equiped craft room... This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your space!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    PS...I think I saw one itty-bitty-tiny space for another MS punch! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic room! I just love organizing my room. But it only takes about a 1/2 hour for it to be a disaster again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your wonderful inspiring ideas! Please get your award at my blog!
    carla-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Your craft room is fantastic! I'm so jealous. I've just got a tiny corner in the family room. Love all your organization. Especially the way you display your punches and cartridges =)

    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grammy -- I wanted to let you know that this project was our one of Top viewed linky's at last week's party -- stop by to grab the Top 3 button for your blog feature. woo hoo!!!!
    I'd love to invite you to join us again every Thursday - Sunday for another weekly linky party to strut your stuff. :)
    Tracy
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/09/tgif-linky-party-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic storage ideas and what a lovely bright craft room

    Enjoy

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous craft room. I really enjoyed all the pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room looks great! Are all those Cricut cartridges? My word! I call my room my happy place and I know yours is, too! Here's a post on mine. It's a before and after.
    http://waldenbunch.blogspot.com/2011/08/scrapbook-room-remodel.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous crafting spaced - I've been eyeing up those rolling carts too

    ReplyDelete